Cauliflower Au Gratin
- 4 pounds fresh cauliflower cleaned and cut into florets
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups Shirley J Universal Cream Soup &Sauce Mix
- 8 to 12 ounces (3 to 4 cups) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Preheat oven to 375°. Boil cauliflower until tender but still firm (8-10 minutes for cauliflower). Drain then rinse thoroughly with cold running water, drain well. Place cauliflower into 3 quart casserole dish, which has been sprayed with nonstick spray. In heavy sauce pan combine water and sauce mix, whisk to blend. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, add cheese and stir. Pour sauce over cauliflower. In separate bowl combine melted butter and breadcrumbs along with garlic and onion powder, mix thoroughly to combine. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over the top of the sauce coated veggies. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
This recipe can be made gluten-free by using Shirley J Gluten Free Cream Soup & Sauce Mix.