Chicken and Rice Bake
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 fresh onion, grated or diced
- 1-4 ounce can mushroom pieces, diced small with liquid
- 4 ounces slivered almonds
- ½ cup Shirley J Universal Cream Soup & Sauce Mix
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups diced chicken meat
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 350°. In a mixing bowl combine the bread crumbs and butter, mix well, set aside. Combine sauce mix and water in a sauce pan, stir well and bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sauce mixture with all remaining ingredients. Spread mixture evenly in a casserole dish and top with the buttered bread crumbs. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and heated throughout.
This recipe can be made gluten-free by using Shirley J Gluten-Free Cream Soup & Sauce Mix.