Chile con Queso
- 4 cups water
- 1 ½ cups Shirley J Universal Cream Soup & Sauce Mix (White Cheddar Mix works very well in this recipe)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 12 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1-19 ounce can Black beans, drained
- 1-7 ounce can diced green chilies
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1-4 ounce can diced or sliced olives
- 4-6 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch green onions sliced (using much of the green stem)
In sauce pan combine water and sauce mix, stir well. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and add remaining ingredients, reserving onions and tomatoes. Stir and simmer until cheese has melted. Remove from heat, top with tomatoes and onions, just before serving.
This recipe can be made gluten-free by using Shirley J Gluten-Free Cream Soup & Sauce Mix.