Green Bean and Sausage Casserole
- 2-16 ounce packages cut green beans, frozen
- 16 ounces country style pork sausage
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup Shirley J Universal Cream Soup & Sauce Mix
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1-3 ounce can french fried onions
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble sausage, drain grease, and set meat aside. In a large saucepan, combine water and sauce mix, whisking until smooth. Add garlic, soy sauce, green beans, and browned sausage. Mix well, and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour mixture into casserole dish. Bake for 15 minutes, top with the onions, and bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
This recipe can be made gluten-free by using Shirley J Gluten-Free Cream Soup & Sauce Mix.