New England Clam Chowder
- 3 cups cooked potatoes, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 tablespoon carrot, grated
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup Shirley J Universal Cream Soup & Sauce Mix
- 4 cups water (divided)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Shirley J Chicken Bouillon
- 2-6.5 ounce minced canned clams (reserve juice)
Add clam juice (drained from cans of clams), celery, onions, pepper, and bouillon to two cups of the water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about five minutes, or until veggies are tender. Add remaining two cups of cold water and sauce mix. Whisk thoroughly. Bring soup to a simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Add previously cooked potatoes, clams, and carrots, stir.
This recipe can be made gluten-free by using Shirley J Gluten-Free Cream Soup & Sauce Mix.