Sour Cream Mushroom Chicken
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, browned
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup Shirley J Universal Cream Soup & Sauce Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon Shirley J Chicken Bouillon
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1-13 ounce can mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350°. In a sauce pan combine water, sauce mix, stir. Bring sauce mixture to a slow boil. Add Chicken Bouillon, onions, mushrooms, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Add sour cream and stir to combine. Arrange browned chicken breasts in an oven proof baking dish, top with sauce. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender and fully cooked. Sprinkle with grated cheese and cook for another 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
This recipe can be made gluten-free by using Shirley J Gluten-Free Cream Soup & Sauce Mix.