Tomato Basil Soup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ cups yellow onions, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 teaspoons Shirley J Chicken Bouillon
- 1-28 ounce can diced tomatoes, (blended until smooth, do not drain)
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup Shirley J Universal Cream Soup & Sauce Mix
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Croutons for garnish
- Black pepper to taste
In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine oil, onions, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes (do not burn), add basil, thyme, Chicken Bouillon, pepper and tomatoes, stir. Add water and sauce mix, stir well. Bring mixture to a slow boil, simmer 5-10 minutes. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and croutons.
This recipe can be made gluten-free by using Shirley J Gluten-Free Cream Soup & Sauce Mix.